• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 14, 2020

    EarthBound / MOTHER Guys I found it! Real life Onett Arcade.

    EarthBound / MOTHER Guys I found it! Real life Onett Arcade.


    Guys I found it! Real life Onett Arcade.

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 03:04 PM PDT

    Motherforever.net is the future!

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 08:30 AM PDT

    I feel like starmen.net kinda died like 1 or 2 years ago, but now motherforever.net is here to save the day! I really can't recommend this website enough, they archived like everything earthbound related and have really nice and actually active forums and even an old-school chat room, how awesome is that! It really feels like starmen.net when it was in its prime time. And also they had this awesome mother related premier on youtube yesterday! I really love this site, check it out :))

    submitted by /u/nochianand
    [link] [comments]

    I made Ness in Minecraft!

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 06:30 AM PDT

    Giant Step drawn by me

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 05:16 PM PDT

    it's Earthbound related I swear

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 02:13 PM PDT

    Shorts?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 09:08 AM PDT

    Does Kumatora wear black shorts or is that a fan canon thing? I noticed she's commonly drawn with them but people change a lot of things about her design, like changing her hooded dress to a hoodie and changing her skin and hair color so I can't really tell, sometimes it's hard to recognize it's even her character. I like drawing and I wanted to make sure I'm being truthful to the original design so I was wondering if they found shorts or something on her smash model because there aren't any on her sprite.

    submitted by /u/omelet_guy
    [link] [comments]

    he smol

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 01:09 AM PDT

    Pollyanna reveals a special three book Mother set coming in December!!

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 07:54 PM PDT

    this happened in one of my videos of me messing around with the debug menu

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 06:41 AM PDT

    Does anyone have any info on Mother^2? (The PC remake of earthbound?)

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 08:05 AM PDT

    I just drew Ness after the MOTHER Direct.

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 05:56 PM PDT

    So uh is there any news from the Nintendo leak ?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 12:45 PM PDT

    Like for example was there any early mother , earthbound and mother 3 builds ?

    submitted by /u/BearHan
    [link] [comments]

    So apparently you’re supposed to get the Franklin Badge after you rescue Pippi, but I didn’t get it?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 08:04 AM PDT

    It's been a few days since it happened, so I don't remember exactly what happened. I know that you get it after correctly answering a series of questions, but I only got one regarding Ninten/Me being really brave to rescue her so... Also I feel like I should mention that I'm playing the Mother 1+2 Fan Translation.

    submitted by /u/Kayak321
    [link] [comments]

    What happened to the SNES mother remake?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 03:03 AM PDT

    There was a earthbound rom hack that was in development for like, 8 years or some shit. It was supposed to be a remake of mother 1. The thread on starmen.net just kind of disappeared?? Bruh what happen

    submitted by /u/catL0L2000
    [link] [comments]

    Idea

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 02:10 PM PDT

    If they release mother 1, 2, and 3, I hope it's named mother 6, because 1+2+3 is 6.

    submitted by /u/ghjkluiop12345
    [link] [comments]

    Day #17 of Photoshopping Mother Series Characters: Nuclear Reactor Robot

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 05:58 PM PDT

    My personal Mother series experience rant

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 09:58 PM PDT

    First of all, I'm thankful to have found this sub. I have been a Mother fan since 2008. Up until that point, I never looked at videogames as anything more than entertainment. Then I went on a SNES collecting spree after high school and bought every RPG that I could find and embarassingly, Earthbound was one of the very last cartridges I added to my collection, mostly because of the $100 price tag (2008) and the "weird" looking graphics. Looked nothing like anything Squaresoft, Natsume or Enix would put out. I pulled the trigger anyway because I have never heard of it before and I was ready for something new.

    Needless to say, I fell in love with Earthbound almost immediately. The quirkiness, the wacky dialogue, the 90s setting, the music. Then I understood the graphics were meant to compliment the experience and was not due to limitations but the simplicity was by design. I joined Starmen.net (same username) and read up on as many things as I could find that was an influence to Earthbound, plus learn as much as possible about Shigesato Itoi. Then I blew thousands on Mother merch, a lot of them straight from Japan.

    I went on to Mother 3 and bawled my eyes out. Then Mother on a NES repro cart to complete the trilogy. I've went on long winded discussions about the deep meanings behind Magicant and theories like Giygas and what really happened to Everdred, etc. I am a die-hard fan as they come.

    I'm also embarrassed to admit that I was one of those hipsters that wanted to keep the series obscure and exclusive to its relatively small-but dedicated fanbase. I loved the series so much that I became selfish and protective of it. Back then I believed that keeping Earthbound away from the "mainstream" went hand-in-hand with its meaning to me but that just isn't true. A game so amazing was always meant to be shared so others can experience the joy that I felt when I played it. I remember PK Mail'N and the Earthbound Anthology, Reid Young, Tomato (Clyde Mandelin) all having an important role in helping Earthbound gain more steam and its hopes of getting Earthbound finally gets localized in NA. I remember going into E3 every year with those same hopes and getting shot down every time by Reggie Fils-Aime' and his smug grin that I grew to despise.

    12 years later, Earthbound is everywhere. I still love Earthbound as much as I did before and my appreciation for the Mother series has evolved as I've gotten older. My wife's favorite game is Earthbound as well. Her daughter hates RPGs but Earthbound is the only RPG she will finish all the way through. My wife and I agreed years ago that if we ever have a son, we will name him Ness.

    I hope Earthbound never stops finding people and I hope it continues to change lives and their perception on whether videogames can be a legitimate medium of art. Here's to the continuous growth of our dedicated and passionate Mother fanbase. Thank you for reading.

    Feel free to share your personal Mother experiences as well!

    submitted by /u/jeffy05
    [link] [comments]

    maybe hard to understand

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 01:59 AM PDT

    Made an Mother 1-Inspired sprite!

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 08:54 PM PDT

    Just to see the most popular opinion, who is the strongest out of Ninten,Ness and Lucas

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 10:41 PM PDT

    Personally, i'm clueless but i want to know what y'all think.

    submitted by /u/Kxydxn_
    [link] [comments]

    Why is the 7th needle pulled in M3?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 06:37 PM PDT

    it triggers an apocalypse. a reset.

    after the needle is pulled it cuts to asteroids smashing into earth, buildings collapsing, typhoons, endless fires, etc.

    shouldn't dr. andonuts have just helped them guard the final needle?

    at the end of mother 3 you end the world.

    why?

    submitted by /u/endless
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment