• Breaking News

    Sunday, November 22, 2020

    EarthBound / MOTHER 1 DAY LEFT UNTIL THE STARMEN.NET REVIVAL! GET READY, TELL YOUR EARTHBOUND LOVING FRIENDS, AND HAVE FUN!

    EarthBound / MOTHER 1 DAY LEFT UNTIL THE STARMEN.NET REVIVAL! GET READY, TELL YOUR EARTHBOUND LOVING FRIENDS, AND HAVE FUN!


    1 DAY LEFT UNTIL THE STARMEN.NET REVIVAL! GET READY, TELL YOUR EARTHBOUND LOVING FRIENDS, AND HAVE FUN!

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 06:26 AM PST

    My seal plush wants this starman stand that he made to post it on reddit, specifically the Earthbound community since he loves Earthbound just as the community. He worked so hard on it and he's super proud of his work he will display it next to his SNES.

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 10:42 AM PST

    Crossover with r/boomershumor

    Posted: 21 Nov 2020 10:52 PM PST

    I made mini lego ness

    Posted: 21 Nov 2020 08:17 PM PST

    My Opinion on Earthbound Beginnings/Zero/Mother 1

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 02:08 PM PST

    So, I first started playing Earthbound with the Super Nintendo game, way back when I was a kid. Played the hell out of it and beat it several times. Loved it! However, after I finished that game, I went on the ol' internet and found a prequel, called Earthbound Zero (or beginnings, if you played the official re-release) and was interested in playing it, since I loved Earthbound, so surely I'll love its prequel. Absolutely I loved it! In some ways, I actually loved it a bit more than Earthbound, despite it being a lot more... challenging, unforgiving and drastically different in terms of tone. But, that's kind of why I liked the game, on top of it having that EB humor we all know in love, despite it being more spread out more sparsely than Earthbound.

    When you first start up the game, the first thing you hear is probably what I'd call: the darkest, yet saddest title theme I've ever heard. It's so hard to describe the emotions that I felt when I first heard that opening title theme. It was ominous, but you can tell there is something sad about it, but you just didn't know what. Side-note, I actually did learn that same title theme on Piano and performed it for my senior year recital, when I graduated from college. Mother 1 is definitely a darker game, as it's filled with themes of love and loss, especially when you get to the end-game at Mt. Itoi in regards to a certain two characters and the final melody. I was, I think, 11 or 12 at the time I first played this game and I was really taken aback by how emotional the game got at the very end and how an NES game could actually move me when it brings up themes of the loss of a loved one and how that affected a certain characters mental state. I know that in the GBA translation of Mother 1 the message in that characters final words are DRASTICALLY different than the NES, EB0, version, and the former's translation actually hit me harder than what she says in the NES version.

    I know a lot of people feel that this is on the lower end of the Earthbound rankings, and that's fine, but for me the atmosphere, tone and story of an otherwise simple NES RPG grabbed me a bit more than with Earthbound, which went for a more goofy and fun feeling. Nothing wrong with goofy and fun, since that's part of the reason why I love Earthbound and Mother 3 so much. But the way Mother 1 delivers on the range of emotions that the player experiences, as well as how the message of the game, no matter how simple it is, was delivered powerfully in that final battle when you sing the 8 melodies to the puppy that begrudgingly attacked the homeworld of his "parents". Love is a very powerful thing in this series and its very prevalent in the first game, but the way it touches on it with darker themes makes the theme of love pop a bit more, if that makes sense.

    Also, that Factory theme gives off similar feelings that I felt when I listened to the Title Theme of Mother 1. It's just so atmospheric and eerie, it makes you think about the state of the world and what happened. Why is Dr. Distorto covered in blood? Why are the factories abandoned? What happened to the Rosemary Manor? What is up with that mysterious lady who gives you hints and disappears like a ghost?

    I probably did an awful job describing why it is that I like Mother 1 so much, but I don't care. The point is, this game, for it being an NES game (in the 80's!), was able to tug on my heart strings in a way I didn't know was possible. And I wanted to make a shout-out to someone who made my appreciation for this game even more pronounced is to: Kenisu3000 for his amazing, albeit unfinished, Mother 1 comic. It is a work of art and I find it's prologue to be the best interpretation of George and Mary's backstory. He also did some comics with Mother 3, as well as some seasonal Mother related comics. I highly recommend you guys check out that comic series, because it is fantastic! I also wanted to shout-out the same person for the Mother 1 Novelization translation of the first chapter. That novel is something that I've wanted to see fully translated for a long time, and I'd recommend any EB fan to give it a read, as that first translated chapter is sublime!

    submitted by /u/Dylanrockin01
    [link] [comments]

    Hope you guys enjoy my little animation

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 01:05 PM PST

    You can talk to/check the mysterious woman in Threed. Well sorta

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 10:48 AM PST

    Earthbound Camie

    Posted: 21 Nov 2020 10:02 PM PST

    How to get to title screen in EB

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 11:55 AM PST

    I am about an hour into my first playthrough of EarthBound. I'm using a site called playemulator.com which emulates a SNES in browser. I set the text speed to Normal because that just made sense. But now I want to change to Fast. I read that you can do it in the title screen, but the emulator only uses save states. I can't find any way to get to the title screen while having my save active. Any idea's on how to change the speed?

    submitted by /u/theworstusername1337
    [link] [comments]

    Here I listed 5 little mistakes I've found on a starman's body. 1.) In the starman's right leg, there seems to be a missing a pixel there. 2.) A pixel was added here on his left hand. 3.) There's a little shadow on his right foot. 4.) There's no shadow on his left foot. 5.) The eyes aren't centered.

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 10:19 AM PST

    Looks like another round of official merch will be hitting stores in Osaka and Tokyo!

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 12:55 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment