• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 30, 2020

    EarthBound / MOTHER I drew this for Earthbound's anniversary the other day

    EarthBound / MOTHER I drew this for Earthbound's anniversary the other day


    I drew this for Earthbound's anniversary the other day

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 12:41 AM PDT

    I’ve just been here for ever because the music on montoli tower is so good

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 01:15 PM PDT

    And here's the whole crew! Ness, Jeff, Paula, and Poo!

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 07:20 PM PDT

    Mother 3 and Shintoism

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 01:26 PM PDT

    Perhaps I'm reading too much into the game but I thought it was worth posting here. Shintoism is one of Japan's main faiths, where sacred spirits known as kami embody natural phenomena such as rivers and mountains. You see it in films like My Neighbor Totoro (Itoi actually voiced a character in this movie) and Princess Mononoke. Capcom's Okami is also all to do with Shintoism as you assume the role of the Japanese sun god, Amaterasu. Reverence for the land plays an important role in the faith.

    Mother 3's vision of an idealized world is one where man is in harmony with nature. The villains, unsurprisingly, aim to corrupt this otherwise pure relationship. The animal chimeras in particular are a barbaric affront to nature.

    While the likes of New Pork City seem like they're targeting Western materialism, which is valid as Porky is clearly supposed to be American based on Earthbound, I prefer to see Mother 3 as purely Japan focused, and more about the dichotomy between hyper-modern, consumerist Japan and humble, traditional Japan. If kami are considered gods among nature, could the Dark Dragon summoned at the end of the game be an allusion to these deities?

    The whole nature vs. capitalism thing is well established about the game at this point but I'm wondering if this angle has ever been approached before? What are your thoughts?

    submitted by /u/NoNoNo_OhHoHo
    [link] [comments]

    Well, um I’m not sure. What to caption this

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 03:37 PM PDT

    1st playthrough

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 10:12 PM PDT

    The MOTHER 3 No abilities challenge! (CHAPTER 1 1/2)

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 03:52 PM PDT

    Weird text descriptions?

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 01:56 AM PDT

    Oh it's lucas, he do be holding my keys tho

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 07:00 PM PDT

    I made a custom cover for my copy of mother 3 (it has my ac cart in it too so I just made the other side that)

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 10:29 PM PDT

    My friend says earthbound is harder then dark souls without playing dark souls? Is this true

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 10:44 AM PDT

    You have to soak these moments in...

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 07:14 PM PDT

    Why do artist sometimes draw Ness black?

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 09:40 PM PDT

    Lately I have been seeing art of Ness where he is black for some odd reason. Is this like how people draw Ninten with a bandana cause the Mother 1 commercial he wore one or they just randomly decided to draw him black. As a black person myself I found it very weird that a character who has been canonically white/ Japanese all his history just gets randomly drawn black

    submitted by /u/Khaj_SmashBros
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know where I can find the Mother 3 "SMAAAASH!!" sound effect?

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 08:35 PM PDT

    I need it for something. All I can find is the one from Earthbound, which sounds totally different.

    submitted by /u/ArfieCat
    [link] [comments]

    I've made some meme about my Nintendo fandom and games 2 version for 2 language (English and French)

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 11:50 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment