• Breaking News

    Monday, April 12, 2021

    EarthBound / MOTHER Brick Road

    EarthBound / MOTHER Brick Road


    Brick Road

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 11:30 AM PDT

    SPOILER: Every fucking time.

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 09:06 AM PDT

    It rolls right off your tongue.

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 12:12 PM PDT

    not your usual kumatora fanart

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 10:24 PM PDT

    Inspired by another redditor on here, I had to get these awesome Earthbound pins when I saw them.

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 02:13 AM PDT

    A little drawing I made of the Mother 3 gang ready for battle.

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 09:30 AM PDT

    made a beat

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 11:56 AM PDT

    I just finished Earthbound for the first time tonight. Need to vent about my experience.

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 01:53 AM PDT

    First and foremost, it was absolutely superb. It was everything I'd heard about, hoped for, and more.

    I have an odd yet fairly common relationship with the Mother series. I grew up with Nintendo from the SNES on. However I sadly was lost on EB and M3.

    My former knowledge of the series was immensely cliche. I knew of Ness, Lucas, many of the songs, Onette, Fourside, all from Smash Brothers. From the moment I unlocked that kid with the red cap, magic powers and the baseball bat he was forever my main from 64 to this day.

    It was near impossible to play Video games and not know about Earthbound though. The sheer myth and legend behind it was immense. References all over other games, Nintendo power, general word of mouth. It felt like a club, a really cool club, but one that always felt so out of reach.

    Being a Super Nintendo kid, I love me some JRPG. Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, MarioRPG, FF3, list goes on. Played them all, loved them all. In addition I've also always been a fan of the weirder and abstract sort of art design and story telling. I was a big fan of Twin Peaks If that tells you anything.

    What sealed it for me was again non other than Smash brothers. Brawl seemed to give a lot more fanfare to Mother. Stages, song remixes, trophies, art. But the Subspace Emissary was the star of that show. The presentation, the music, that bossfight with porky. Not exactly full representations of the characters and their world, but it sealed my desire.

    I go on the legendary Wii shop channel, to buy myself a ticket to Eagleland, only to be devastated. It's not for sale. It's not even listed.

    And idea! I hop on Ebay. "Oh..." I say. That's one to many zeros for my blood. I give up and sadly move on with life. In a cruel irony it was sold on the WiiU later, but adult life had consumed me at that point, and it was too late. I didn't even own a WiiU(who did?)

    Fortunately, Nintendo are greedy bastards and rereleased most of my childhood on the SNES classic not long ago. And after some saving and time managing. Here I am.

    That last sentence made the whole story a bit pointless I know, but the history is important to emphasize the catharsis of the whole situation.

    It was a journey. Every single song hit me hard with nostalgia, hilariously even though I'd never played the game before.

    I laughed out loud many a time. I was on the edge of my seat, palms sweating as I mashed A to try and save the party from a starstorm. I felt heavy and genuinely existential reading the words of encouragement during a cup of fever dream coffee.

    Magicant and Moonside blew my mind. Sprites and character designs were gorgeous at their best, and hilariously charming and bad at their worst. By the end of the game "Dad" was a really fucking endearing character despite being a looping text box that gives you money.

    The final sequence and dungeon had my jaw dropped. The final fight and death of Giygas was every bit as disturbing and worthy of its legend. During this, the Super Nintendo displayed effects I frankly didn't know it was capable of.

    I am beyond happy. It's going right up on the shelf of favorite games of all time, and I'll be replaying many years to come.

    submitted by /u/Triforce21_
    [link] [comments]

    Old Ninten Drawing

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 03:46 AM PDT

    New to the series

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 11:17 AM PDT

    I just got earthbound yesterday on 3ds virtual console and I was wondering if there were any tips or thing I should know l. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/BushyFox_
    [link] [comments]

    Made a video because Earthbound Zero Deserves more appreciation!!!

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 07:39 AM PDT

    Check out this awesome Starman t-shirt on Yetee!

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 08:08 AM PDT

    Lumity but it's Earthbound Beginnings Version by Throne Legacy

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 05:01 AM PDT

    this hurt me so bad to read

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 05:00 PM PDT

    looking to play mother/earthbound beginnings sometime soon

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 01:13 AM PDT

    i have a wii u and could buy thé 2015 version, a gba for thé mother 1+2 version, and a computer that runs emulators smoothly for earthbound zero. i know they're all very similar, but i've heard that the wii u version has multiple differences, and that an older version might be better. which version should i go for?

    submitted by /u/tomnookinc
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment