• Breaking News

    Friday, April 9, 2021

    EarthBound / MOTHER Let’s be honest they are both really good

    EarthBound / MOTHER Let’s be honest they are both really good


    Let’s be honest they are both really good

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 06:41 AM PDT

    bunny

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 09:11 AM PDT

    I got a poster I made printed out. Best $60 I've ever spent!

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 02:28 PM PDT

    Almost finished my art project!

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 08:04 AM PDT

    Drew Kumatora performing PK Startstorm!

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 08:58 AM PDT

    Now I get depression every time I open my phone ��

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 09:12 PM PDT

    I like the idea of Ninten having wavy hair.

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 07:23 PM PDT

    Print I made from my favorite RPG of all-time

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 07:05 AM PDT

    Black logo wallpaper

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 12:23 AM PDT

    I find more weird shit about this game every day

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 11:26 AM PDT

    In Chimera Labs, there's those shelves that have all kinds of chemicals that are out of reach.

    Apparently Salsa can steal them. Good monke.

    submitted by /u/SgtShickamabob
    [link] [comments]

    To call Earthbound a silly game for kids is a gross mistake

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 10:17 AM PDT

    Will I understand earthbounds plot if I didn’t play the original mother game?

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 11:24 AM PDT

    Will I understand the game as it's own stand alone thing?

    submitted by /u/roccyhgghjff
    [link] [comments]

    What do you think is stronger

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 10:54 AM PDT

    I finished Earthbound, here are my thoughts

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 06:46 PM PDT

    (Sorry in advance, this post will be long). About a month ago, I finished this amazing game, I've been sort of busy and have yet to talk about it here. When I was about half way done the game, I made a post about my thoughts so far and a few people seemed to like that, so I figured that I'd review the entire game :)

    So first of all, this game is absolutely amazing. It quickly became one of my favorite games of all time. From the quirky dialogue, to the wonderful soundtrack, the unique combat style, the strange enemies, and everything else put together just turned out to be the best game I've ever played. I'm not even normally a fan of RPGs, but this game is flawless to me.

    So, to start off with my favorite parts:

    -Playing as Jeff in Winters. I mentioned this in my other post, but I just adored this part. This part made me realize how much I loved this game already. The beautiful soundtracks, the maze, just everything about it. Winters' White is my favorite video game track, I was blown away when hearing it for the first time. I didn't even mind trying to navigate through the different levels of Winters, it just seemed peaceful. You also got to learn a tad about Jeff and his background, which I liked. Jeff seems like a really kind character, probably one of my favorites of the bunch.

    -Moonside. I'll admit, I got quite frustrated when I couldn't figure out where to go. I ended up looking at a guide to navigate it, but once I figured out what I'm supposed to do, I really enjoyed the rest of it. The dialogue was really fun to read, the battles were interesting, and the colour contrast was great. I loved the flashing colours around the buildings, it made the place really memorable.

    -The Giygas battle. I'll talk about this later.

    -Saturn Valley. I feel like this part really captured the games' quirkiness. The music was fun, the text used for the Mr. Saturn was very neat (I heard it was based off of Itoi's daughters writing, which is really cool)! It was a great place to teleport too if I needed a doctor, as well. I also really liked the coffee break that was there, I found it very interesting.

    -The Lumine Halls sanctuary. It was the most unique of the eight, and I just really enjoyed seeing that one. It was very difficult for me to get to, but the payoff for it was great. Beautiful sanctuary.

    -Walking through Summers. Felt like I could be a kid for a little while there. I got a moment to relax and talk to people with a lot smaller chance of being attacked. Also the calming music.

    -Magicant. Looking at Ness' mine was extremely interesting to me. It was a very different atmosphere from the rest of the game. You got a big spot where you didn't have to worry about anything, and just got to explore Ness' thoughts. The songs used in the back also fit the place beautifully.

    -Seeing the Cliff that Time Forgot while in the Lost Underworld. The only place I can't explore, the intriguing music, the want to see more but you cant, it left me with many thoughts and questions while going through Fire Springs.

    -The Eight Melodies song. I didn't know you could interact with the sound stone, so I heard it for the first time after collecting all eight melodies. I just really enjoyed it. It made me see how far I came in the game.

    There are many other parts I adore, but these are the ones that come to mind first.

    Now, lets talk about the soundtrack. This soundtrack kept pulling me further into this game, I adored listening to it. Winters' White, Threed, Free at Last, Onett, Deep Darkness, Magicant, The Lost Underworld, Pokey Means Business, and so many others are absolutely amazing. Every song fits the area it's played in so well, and it helps put emotion into the game (especially at the end, when you're walking Paula home, the track makes me sad that the journey is over but happy because it was amazing). Dusty Dunes' song sounds like it's playing on a radio in the distance, which helps it feel like we're lost in the middle of nowhere, hearing the Onett theme after the intro of the game really made me feel like I had a big adventure ahead, and so many other things were just tied together by the music.

    My biggest struggle in the game was Peaceful Rest Valley. I couldn't navigate it, kept getting killed, and never used PSI to heal my colds. I also hated getting mushroomized, I thought my controller was broken at first lol. Starman base was extremely hard for me, but I liked it. I don't really have any complaints.

    My favorite characters are probably Ness and Jeff, as I feel like I got to hear the most about their stories.

    This game is also very visually appealing, I really enjoyed seeing all the places the four travel to.

    I like how they managed to put in an unsettling aspect into the game as well. The Giygas battle was the most disturbing battle I've ever seen in a game, Poo's Mu training shocked me, The suspense of being in the the Cliff that Time Forgot, about to be transformed into a robot, the fact that Ness' dad is a phone, even in Ness's own mind, and so many other things just added a creepy undertone to this game, I love it.

    The Giygas battle. Wow. Fighting Pokey at the beginning gave it a great way to start it, The fact that you have to pray to save the world from this disturbs me. You have to beg for other people to keep you in their thoughts. You have to make Giygas feel emotion to ruin him. I've never seen something like that before, it absolutely blew me away. Watching his form become more wrecked and chaotic really showed how much it harmed him. The things he would say in between attacks also disturbed me. I almost felt bad for him, in a way. He seemed trapped and scared (I've heard in Mother 1 they go more into his background, so I might check out that game in the near future). That battle was like no other, and will stick with me for a long time.

    This was one of the few games I didn't grow bored of, and I love it so much. I'm working through Mother 3 now, unfortunately I've had a lot of the game spoiled for me, but regardless it also seems great so far. Earthbound is a masterpiece, and extremely underrated. It's a wonderful game that I can see myself playing many times. I've been dealing with a lot of stuff in my personal life, and this game provided an escape, and never failed to make me happy. I'm so glad I discovered this game. Thank you for reading :D

    submitted by /u/tomnookinc
    [link] [comments]

    look it’s Jeff

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 07:46 PM PDT

    I’ve had trouble getting into Mother 3, someone convince me

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 03:10 AM PDT

    i've had to play the start of the game 3 times already due to emulator issues and now that i've finally got it fixed i don't even know if it's worth it to play. i've been spoiled for a main plot twist Claus being the masked man and i don't know if i want to go through the beginning of the game all over again. should i? is it worth it to get through the start again so that i can play the rest of the game?

    submitted by /u/Xur04
    [link] [comments]

    Hey mom can we get Onett theme? No, we got Onett theme at home

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 08:31 AM PDT

    Earthbound enemies in a nutshell

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 10:49 PM PDT

    Where did the idea of porky's busniss suit come from

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 08:02 AM PDT

    I never saw him wear it in mother 2 or 3 even when he was in the spider mech

    also should I play m1 I've heard its wayyy harder then 2 and 3 and also I dont think I can handle mother 1 graphics after m3. I can stand earthbound but m1 might be too much

    submitted by /u/Broad_Appearance6896
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment