• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 29, 2021

    EarthBound / MOTHER Mother 3 be like...

    EarthBound / MOTHER Mother 3 be like...


    Mother 3 be like...

    Posted: 29 Jun 2021 08:11 AM PDT

    Why is my GF like this???

    Posted: 29 Jun 2021 08:34 AM PDT

    Ness is one hungry boy

    Posted: 29 Jun 2021 08:13 AM PDT

    Simply love this one.

    Posted: 29 Jun 2021 10:49 AM PDT

    #facts

    Posted: 29 Jun 2021 12:02 PM PDT

    [OC] I drew Lucas and Hinawa (and also a save frog)

    Posted: 29 Jun 2021 11:53 AM PDT

    No shit

    Posted: 28 Jun 2021 07:41 PM PDT

    Sony just Copyright Claimed the Finale of Chugga's Earthbound LP

    Posted: 29 Jun 2021 01:13 PM PDT

    I really hate this guy right now.

    Posted: 29 Jun 2021 09:04 AM PDT

    Earthbound 3 drawings. Will Saturn Valley be in Earthbound 3? Yes, and here is a drawing of what it might look like, this time around there are a lot of trampolines and weird latters

    Posted: 29 Jun 2021 03:38 PM PDT

    After a lot of grinding(and dying), I finally beat Earthbound Beginnins(With no cheats too!)

    Posted: 29 Jun 2021 03:19 PM PDT

    Did a little doodle of poo using PK Starstorm

    Posted: 29 Jun 2021 10:38 AM PDT

    Ness during Mother 3 (spoilers for all games)

    Posted: 28 Jun 2021 11:58 PM PDT

    Recently binged both Mother 2 & 3. Really great RPGs that stand the test of time in most aspects (Mother 2 inventory system aside).

    I'm confused just a tad on the connection between Ness and Porky in the time between Mother 2 and 3. A lot is implied, but nothing outright stated, which is likely Itoi's intentions. Though I'm interested in hearing others thoughts on the matter.

    At the end of Mother 2, Ness is woken up in the middle of the night to a message stating that Porky will return and, presumably, do battle again with Ness. This, coupled with a "The End...?"

    Then in Mother 3 we get all sorts of glimpses into Porky's relationship with Ness. The "precious Friend's Yoyo" that is guarded by a robot maid, the Earthbound movie playing in the theatre, and ultimately all the relics seen in the museum section (absolutely amazing section btw, so much nostalgic feeling even though I played the games right in a row).

    Then we meet Porky, a shell of his former self, sick, holding onto past glory. But, sadly, no further mention of Ness.

    Now obviously they did meet again. Porky left Ness during Earthbound in the devil's machine in a very taunting fashion, utterly angry at him. I'd like to think that after they met again at some point Porky and Ness had some sort of resolution. I mean, why kidnap Dr. Andonauts but not Ness or any of the old gang? That we didn't outright see Ness or hear about him at all feels a little off to me, because something must have happened.

    I'm interested in hearing theories/thoughts as to what happened between Porky and Ness, since it seems we'll never know the truth, only implications.

    submitted by /u/Actawesome
    [link] [comments]

    After 11 years of waiting to do it...today I finally beat Mother 3.

    Posted: 28 Jun 2021 10:27 PM PDT

    I remember first playing Smash Bros Brawl back in 2010 and for a long while at some point I've been wanting to eventually play the mother games and especially Mother 3.

    I remember making a post saying I finally started the game the game back in August of last year and how I really loved the game's opening and thought it was perfect.

    Now I finally beat the game, although I had to beat it three times since the game crashed TWICE after I beat the final boss meaning I had to go through the entire fight 3 times, I died one time before so in total I took on the final boss 4 times. Which...yeah seeing the emotional conclusion multiple times back to back and seeing Claus's face under the mask and seeing him die still stings even three times in a row.

    Honestly I hear some people say the pacing of the game is poor, or at least I did from some online searches of what people had to say negatively about Mother 3 but I disagree, the pacing is straight forward and consistent and things keep on happening, well except for chapter which I didn't expect it to be basically non existent, in chapter 7 is when you get more tasks to do so naturally it's longer and chapter 8 is the conclusion chapter so of course the plots becomes even more of a focus there.

    I did obviously know before I even played any of these games that Hinawa and Claus dies though.

    I will say though that even though a search result of "is Fassad a Magypsy?" popped up I really didn't think he was one since at the time it sounded pretty absurded, really although I've heard their theme play when he was around before like during the New Fassad fight, I didn't think he was one of them And then...it was revealed that the final Magypsy was a traitor and we never really saw them...that's when things got weird and suspicous, and then I actually got to the final Magypsy's house and saw...banana peels and trumpets....hm.....yep Fassad is Locria. I guess you could say Fassad acting like he wasn't a Magypsy was a....Fassad.....yeah.

    Speakinf of Fassad I found out before I even got to chapter 3 (probably my least favorite chapter due to how annoying the gameplay could be at times) that apparently people hate Fassad and at first I didn't know why....and then I got to play as Salsa, and....yeah he was very hatable, especially with all of the animal cruelty he committed.

    Also it did suck that apparently the giant Porky statue was a optional boss fight since because of that I accidently skipped out on it. I will also say that I didn't know there would be a point of no return so the Porky fight was pretty tough and I needed to grind to get PK ground (which I only discovered exists a couple of days ago) and then I eventually won the fight.

    It was also cool to see all the Earthbound references in New Pork City especially actually seeing Team Ness from Earthbound in video footage form.

    That ending was truly something though and pretty emotional, hopefully everyone really was ok in the end. It's sad that now Lucas has to grieve and deal with the deaths of both his Mother and his Brother at the age of 11.

    This has honestly been probably my favorite Nintendo RPG of all time, and even though it took some stupid couple of month long delays for me to play it again ( was originally meant to play it again this March but crap happened and had to wait till this June) it was still a amazing experience and I'm glad I went through it all.

    I may replay the whole mother trilogy one day and I started with Earthbound, then Earthbound Beginnings, then Mother 3 so yeah it was crazy going from Mother 1 to Mother 3 in a week and seeing how much better Mother 3 was in comparison.

    submitted by /u/SmartConcept
    [link] [comments]

    Hobonichi Payment

    Posted: 29 Jun 2021 08:03 AM PDT

    Anyone know if Hobonichi accepts payment other than card? My card doesn't let me buy overseas and I've been wanting to get official merch for literal years.

    submitted by /u/ToastyPappy
    [link] [comments]

    I feel this on a deep spiritual level

    Posted: 29 Jun 2021 10:06 AM PDT

    Which variation do you prefer?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2021 09:15 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment