• Breaking News

    Sunday, November 17, 2019

    EarthBound / MOTHER Got bored, decided to make these!

    EarthBound / MOTHER Got bored, decided to make these!


    Got bored, decided to make these!

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 12:36 PM PST

    Starman AU poster I drew a year ago!

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 12:55 AM PST

    I just finished earthbound for the first time. This is probably the most charming and memorable I've ever played.

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 07:37 AM PST

    What an adventure. I've wanted to play this game for the longest time but I've always stopped around Peaceful Rest Valley. However, I decided to finally play it all the way through, and I'm so glad I did. I want to talk about my experience with this game, so prepare for a long post. And uh, spoilers I guess.

    I have to admit something really embarrassing, that'll probably upset a lot of people, so I'm sorry. The reason I wanted to play earthbound was not only because people kept praising it, but because I'd recently finished Undertale, and I wanted to play something like it.

    There were many times I was frustrated. This game is actually pretty difficult, and it caught me off guard. But there's a difference between something being difficult, and frustrating. When the only way to beat the first four bosses after playing for one hour is to grind, or get extremely lucky it's just not fun. And the inventory management sucked. For example, when I had to give an NPC an item, they couldn't manually detect it, and I had to go into the inventory first. The combat was also really simple and became boring after a while. And some of the areas were just not fun, and made me want to quit the game, for example the monkey cave.

    At Peaceful Rest Valley, I really wanted to quit. But someone on Reddit by the name of u/kazzanova gave me a tip. They told me to turn of all my electronics around me, to stop using guides, to just take my time with the game, and try to enjoy it as a kid in the 90's would. And after this, the game was just so much more enjoyable. I stopped comparing it to modern games, and took it for what it was. I began appreciating all the hilarious dialogue, and I began noticing how much love and care there was put into this game.

    That's the thing that kept me going. All the charming and memorable moments. The runaway five shows, the trippy battle backgrounds, the level up quotes (Oh baby!), the 90's slang, the psychedelic cups of coffee and tea, the weird but wonderful battle music, the cast of lovable characters, everything just added to the charm. And there were so many times I thought to myself "what the hell were they on when they came up with this idea", and those moments just made the experience so good. There were still frustrating moments, but they were overshadowed by all the fun I had.

    And the ending of the game really hit me hard. Specifically magicant. It's a brilliant way to tell the story of a silent protagonist, and it's exactly what's inside the mind of children. And that's another thing I love about this game. It wasn't like every other JRPG at the time. It wasn't just about fighting giant monsters or telling a deep and epic story. It was just about a kid going on an adventure with his friends. It tells the beautiful story from the perspective of Ness and his experience growing up. Oh and almost every single NPC has new dialogue after final boss. Just walking around talking to everyone you remember on your journey was such a nice experience.

    Now I'm about to start mother 3, and I'm really excited. It seems to have improved on everything, while still maintaining the charm. But for now, I just want to show my appreciation towards this wonderful game that Shigesato Itoi put so much effort into. Thank you for reading.

    submitted by /u/GrovPastaSwag03
    [link] [comments]

    I made this back in the Mother 30th anniversary day. I added more characters to it. (Contains a major Mother 3 spoiler tho)

    Posted: 16 Nov 2019 07:42 PM PST

    Here's a drawing of Lucas

    Posted: 16 Nov 2019 04:44 PM PST

    Ness goes homeless

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 10:17 AM PST

    Lucas In Roser Capadvilla Style!

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 06:14 AM PST

    PK/PSI TRIPLETS STARSTORM!

    What do You Think?

    submitted by /u/LeoReddit2012
    [link] [comments]

    I skipped Lily Pad Step and went to Threed

    Posted: 16 Nov 2019 08:56 PM PST

    So, I skipped Lily Pad Step while playing Earthbound because I didn't know about. I immediately went to Threed and... I can't go back to Twoson. What can I do?

    submitted by /u/TumblrOwO
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment