• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 29, 2020

    EarthBound / MOTHER Jealous Bass sucks but at least his music is good

    EarthBound / MOTHER Jealous Bass sucks but at least his music is good


    Jealous Bass sucks but at least his music is good

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 07:41 AM PDT

    Confession: I think Giegue’s “Mewtwo form” is really lame and it bums me out when people directly connect it to Giygas

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 02:05 PM PDT

    I might get a downfall of hate for this and I totally accept that! But, I've gotta get it off my chest:

    I really do not like Giegue's design. To me it's just kind of an ugly generic alienoid, kinda like Mewtwo or other similar characters. It just looks... unthreatening, and even clashes with the art style a bit.

    Admittedly, this might be because I played Earthbound first, and never associated Giygas with anything but a demonic, tortured, shrieking consciousness with a twisted face. But Giygas itself has such a phenomenal design (just unforgettable) that it makes the contrast even harsher.

    I mean it's literally "Mewtwo alien man in a bubble ship" vs "tortured, mindless lovecraftian embodiment of suffering". Giygas is so terrifying both conceptually and in execution that to me it undermines him to even compare him to Giegue.

    And I know - the whole "but flip the image upside down!" and all that. But part of me really wonders how much Itoi cares about the continuity from one game to the next. I saw an interview where they asked him about Ninten being Ness's dad and Ness being Flint, and he basically said "I figured some people would say that, so we left it open so they could believe that if they want". Those just don't sound like the words of a guy who is deeply invested in the intricate lore connection between Giegue and Giygas like so many fans are.

    I think Itoi realized that it was more important to explore disturbing concepts and imagery than create a "character" when it comes to the last boss, so in my view Giygas is more of a retcon of Giegue than an extension of him. In fact, when asked about the subtitle for Mother 2 (the return of giygas) Itoi said that he regretted the subtitle because it made the fans view Mother 2 under a pre existing lens. He said that he corrected this mistake by avoiding a subtitle for Mother 3.

    Something just bums me out about seeing people discuss Giygas and then they whip out the Giegue sprite and say "and look what he used to be!". I honestly don't think that was Itoi's intention; for us to directly compare one to the other.

    I dunno, what do y'all think?

    submitted by /u/animalbancho
    [link] [comments]

    Quick doodle of my interpretation of the 4th-D slip, Ninten's signature move

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 10:40 PM PDT

    Daddy o five is Giygas

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 03:43 PM PDT

    Damn, the Mother 2 Famicom CIB is pretty!

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 02:40 PM PDT

    How to upset mother fans in 10 easy steps!!!!!!

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 02:17 PM PDT

    Mother 3 and Evangelion are literally the same.

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 11:18 PM PDT

    I need a .zip archive of Mother 2

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 01:03 PM PDT

    Since, accidentally, my progress on Mother 2 was deleted, I'm now trying to recuperate my progress and, fot that I would need a .zip archive of the game itself, please NOT a save state, the game. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/somewanitu
    [link] [comments]

    Good Quotes from Mother 2/Earthbound

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 11:05 AM PDT

    Hi yall, Just wondering what are some nice quotes from Earthbound? I'd love to use one for my yearbook quote but am having a hard time thinking of them :)

    submitted by /u/Uncertainbitch
    [link] [comments]

    Sword of Kings after only like 10 Starman Supers!!

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 07:59 PM PDT

    Who would you want the next Earthbound/Mother rep in Smash to be?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 07:54 PM PDT

    Claus is pronounced...

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 04:12 AM PDT

    If Mother was rather made by Sega rather than Nintendo?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 07:12 PM PDT

    I know that Sega was known for being the cooler alternative to Nintendo, so how would it possibly change? Would the battle graphics have a more action comic book look too it? I know the soundtrack of Mother 2 would often consist of "YEEEEAAAAAUUUUUUGH".

    submitted by /u/DerpDerp3001
    [link] [comments]

    Regarding the recent hacks...

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 06:54 PM PDT

    You guys think it's possible we'll find EarthBound 64's prototype? With early builds of games like Mario 64, Yoshi's Islsnd, and Super Mario Kart being dumped, do you think that there's hope for EB64? It's pretty farfetched, as the code has probably long since been locked away/discarded, but what do you think?

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Bob_Billans
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment