• Breaking News

    Friday, June 26, 2020

    EarthBound / MOTHER [OC] I drew a humanized Starman that I thought you guys might like

    EarthBound / MOTHER [OC] I drew a humanized Starman that I thought you guys might like


    [OC] I drew a humanized Starman that I thought you guys might like

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 10:12 AM PDT

    My Franklin badge arrived today!

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 09:59 AM PDT

    A birthday gift from my mother in law!!

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 03:58 PM PDT

    Stumbled on this in a vintage game shop. Had to have it.

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 03:05 PM PDT

    I just beat this game for the first time today. What an amazing experience.

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 12:10 PM PDT

    I just finished my first playthrough of Earthbound.

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 08:59 AM PDT

    “Lucas wanted to cry.”

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 03:17 PM PDT

    MOTHER 3 SPOILERS

    So I recently beat Mother 3 for the first time and was absolutely destroyed by the last hour of the game. The fight with the Masked Man actually had me practically sobbing, something I've never experienced from a game before. I think I owe a great deal of this reaction to the battle text dialogue. Two lines stuck out to me in particular:

    Lucas didn't know what to do anymore.

    Lucas wanted to cry.

    Throughout Mother 3, Lucas has undergone the growth from a "soft crybaby" to a mature, self-sufficient and brave adult. There's even an NPC near Tazmily who remarks to Lucas something like "I heard you were a crybaby, but you don't look like one anymore." The whole game, Lucas has been striving to grow past that young boy who cried all day and into a courageous man.

    But when Lucas is finally forced to confront his brother, all of his bravery and courage is for naught. Lucas can't even bring himself to attack. He is literally paralyzed in grief. As the battle continues, Lucas "doesn't know what to do anymore", as all of the strength that led him to this moment is useless. And then we have what is perhaps the most poignant line in Mother 3, "Lucas wanted to cry."

    Lucas has spent all of Mother 3 fighting the enemy that took his mother from him. Following Claus's example, he pursued vengeance through his physical strength, and has correlated that growth to his emotional "hardening". Lucas was always the soft, sensitive boy - Claus was the brave and reckless one. Now, after following Claus's footsteps both literally and figuratively, Lucas is forced to realize that this bravado is useless in the face of grief.

    Perhaps it's because Lucas cries so much that his heart was pure enough to shape the world. Lucas has been running from those tears his whole life, but they ended up saving him, and everyone else.

    submitted by /u/animalbancho
    [link] [comments]

    The song "Cinema" from the Flinstones SNES game sounds a lot like an Earthbound song, so I put it over a clip of the Fourside Department Store

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 12:47 PM PDT

    Got inspired by another post to grab a copy! After many years finally experiencing this masterpiece firsthand!

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 10:01 AM PDT

    ah yes. my favorite earthbound creator

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 07:05 PM PDT

    I've got a lot of reading to do

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 04:45 PM PDT

    Finally beat Mother 3, and damn I did not expect to cry!

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 04:25 PM PDT

    Seriously, I literally had tears running down my cheek at the ending. Let's just say a couple of characters were killed off and it was very emotional ),:

    submitted by /u/KamboRambo97
    [link] [comments]

    i made pk fire to continue my drawing of psi moves what should i draw next

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 02:15 PM PDT

    So I have finished MOTHER 2 as my first game of MOTHER trilogy. I LOVED this game so much that I can't! The amount of feelings that this game gave me are just hard to describe. Simply a masterpiece that I could make a fanart of ♥

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 06:37 PM PDT

    EB got me tripping(in a good way)

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 02:47 AM PDT

    Hey guys is there a translated book of pollyanna?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 01:43 AM PDT

    Is there any trustworthy title set of mother 1 soundtrack?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 01:59 AM PDT

    At first I searched for mother1 rip soundtrack these days..... Although most of the song are exactly 3 mins is kind of weird,archive on mother forever is the best I found for now 'cause it got beat sound quality But about the titles of the tracks are a little bit of tricky.... Starmen.net has its own version Mother forever is another version with somewhat different.... And at last https://w.atwiki.jp/gamemusicbest100/sp/?cmd=word&word=mother&type=&pageid=798

    What do u guys think...I am confused since I can only choose one version

    For example the first intro bgm of the game Starmen.net:Introduction Mother forever:Introduction to MOTHER atwiki:Mother Earth

    Sorry if my expression is confusing... not native-speaker of English

    submitted by /u/Weng-Jun-Ming
    [link] [comments]

    saturn valley is impossible??

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 07:33 PM PDT

    so i'm not saying it's impossible, but i've died like 3 times and it's frustrating...

    i'm new to earthbound but i've had no issue as such with other similar games. is it sacrilege to say the whole game so far kind of feels like an epic (and by all means enjoyable) victory road?

    does anyone have any effective strategy to battle or is it just a matter of grinding til you make it?

    submitted by /u/rgo99
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment