• Breaking News

    Monday, April 27, 2020

    EarthBound / MOTHER [OC] The concept of uncertainty is practically a trope within the meta of these fandoms.

    EarthBound / MOTHER [OC] The concept of uncertainty is practically a trope within the meta of these fandoms.


    [OC] The concept of uncertainty is practically a trope within the meta of these fandoms.

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 09:07 AM PDT

    Redrew E.V.E, thought it turned out well

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 09:28 PM PDT

    Earthbound lockscreen I made with text

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 11:56 PM PDT

    Would your mother be proud of what you've become?

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 03:18 AM PDT

    Earthbound lockscreen I made no text

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 11:57 PM PDT

    'You're more, you're more'

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 01:58 AM PDT

    The New Pork City Theatre

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 09:35 AM PDT

    I just realized that the New Pork City Theatre (the movie theater that plays several screenshots from Earthbound on a loop) has one more Earthbound reference that I haven't seen discussed. The fact that everyone says it stinks inside is a reference to Earthbound's infamous slogan "This Game Stinks". I got a kick out of it and thought I'd share. I don't know if it was intentional, but I thought it was worth sharing all the same.

    submitted by /u/PhantomFerry
    [link] [comments]

    Messing around in sand:box

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 01:07 PM PDT

    Ok, this is criminally underrated. (MOTHER Fan Animation: The Poltergeist)

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 11:59 AM PDT

    https://youtu.be/9eZYh25nEjo

    Hoping that this is not considered spam (I'm not even the creator). I wanted to post it just to express how happy I am. The fact that people acknowledge the first one is just pure gold.

    Hoping it's not too troublesome to create a thread like this so randomly. I wish Nintendo still consider the series itself a bit enough to at least release a Mother 1 version with the gameplay of Earthbound and Mother 3.

    I know that for Shigesato Itoi the series it's more than over. I finished the first one. Liked it, but aged very poorly in these days. The graphics and sound for an NES game is superb, it's a lot of other things that, unlike the other games, makes me not wanna play it ever again.

    EDIT: sorry, I kinda suck to edit Reddit post lol. Is there a way to apply YouTube videos directly?

    submitted by /u/Nickakyoin
    [link] [comments]

    So when I first played Earthbound (Mother 2), it took me about a year, but I'm starting to think that this took too long than it should have.

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 10:23 AM PDT

    So the question is "What is the average amount of gameplay time to finish Earthbound?"

    submitted by /u/themexicoman
    [link] [comments]

    A drawing/meme I did of the final boss months ago

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 01:43 AM PDT

    Why is Poo's defense always 0? It doesn't seem to ever change, even when I equip items on him.

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 11:50 AM PDT

    Anyone have tips on how to get the 16 hit combo (mother 3 Wii homebrew channel)

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 08:30 AM PDT

    I see people saying turn down frame skip but I simply can't or at least I don't think I can because I'm playing the Mother1+2+3 Wii homebrew version. I find it super difficult, I can always be in sync with the beat but will only get a 3 hit combo tops. I get these are the struggles of not having an official copy, it just would be nice as it seems like fun to time hits, and to deal way more damage than normal. If anyone has advice please let me know, thank you : )

    submitted by /u/cflame987123
    [link] [comments]

    Earthbound Show Idea

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 12:40 AM PDT

    Wouldn't it be awesome if Earthbound was adapted into television as a cartoon from some of the same writers of Adventure Time or Steven Universe? I think that the styles implemented in both could mix well together to make something unique amongst both cartoons and video games as a whole. I can only imagine what the fight scenes would be like when incorporating the psychic techniques each character has. And I think the animation style of Earthbound would translate very well into animation, giving the show a unique flair not seen in many other shows. It can even be an anthology series if the show is successful, with the second season being a retelling of Earthbound Beginnings and then the third season being Mother 3. I think it would be better to start the series with Earthbound since a) it is the most familiar and popular entry of the trilogy, so it would attract much more viewership and b) Earthbound's focus on world building and discovery can be a great way to introduce the world of Earthbound to the new viewers and settle them into the world before going into Mother 3 and Earthbound Beginnings. Maybe, if the staff goes to Netflix to create the adaptation, they can do something similar to Black Mirror: Bandersnatch where there are alternate routes for the viewer to go through. Netflix is also very lenient on creative restrictions, so the writers can be open to experiment and bring to life some of Earthbound's darker elements. The only huge obstacle would be to get permission from Nintendo and maybe if Nintendo gives them some creative restrictions, but this ultimate goal would also require some great writers such as, again, those who are working on such fantastic cartoons like Steven Universe and Adventure Time (heck, even O.K. K.O.'s staff can work), or maybe even dedicated fans in this community can do it. I don't know. Maybe with enough time, effort and some tinkering, it can work. This is just something I think would be cool and would love to see.

    submitted by /u/Awesomebacon711
    [link] [comments]

    What does 19XX mean?

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 02:25 AM PDT

    At the beggining of the game, it says "The year is 19XX" Does it mean 1920? Since x in roman numbers means 10. XX means 20. Or does it mean "insert any date". Like 1950, 1900, 1920, you can put anything after 19.

    I just want to know. I've seen it alot in games and media.

    submitted by /u/TimeDefinition
    [link] [comments]

    How come I'm finding Earthbound listings that are extremely cheap?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 10:46 PM PDT

    I was watching the AVGN episode on Earthbound and figured that I might want the game. I checked google and went to the shopping tab as you do. When the listings came up, I was shocked to see listings of the cartridge for $15-$25. Are they reproduction carts? Is it because they are made from China and with the current situation, it's extremely cheap? Am I getting scammed? when I searched for why they are so cheap, I got results saying why they are expensive. I have no idea why this is happening, someone please explain.

    submitted by /u/Boombox888
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone confirm that this Twitter account is indeed Catherine Warwick’s? I looked the profile picture and cross-referenced it with other photos

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 10:54 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment